World Nomads DOT COM

I visited Malaysia in 2017, I didn't expect to find great things there because I am from Indonesia. Malaysia and other South East Asia countries are likely the same.  So why did I visit Malaysia then? It is funny because I just went to Singapore in 2015 and I want to go to other countries that are not too much spent money, so I chose Malaysia and one more important thing that my passport will be expired in 2018, cliche.

Where is Malaysia? Let ask Wikipedia
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia

 Malaysia is a country in Southeast Asia. The federal constitutional monarchy consists of 13 states and three federal territories, separated by the South China Sea into two similarly sized regions, Peninsular Malaysia and East Malaysia (Malaysian Borneo). Peninsular Malaysia shares land and a maritime border with Thailand in the north and maritime borders with Singapore in the south, Vietnam in the northeast, and Indonesia in the west. East Malaysia shares land and maritime borders with Brunei and Indonesia and a maritime border with the Philippines and Vietnam. Kuala Lumpur is the national capital and largest city while Putrajaya is the seat of federal government. With a population of over 30 million, Malaysia is the world's 44th most populous country. The southernmost point of continental Eurasia, Tanjung Piai, is in Malaysia. In the tropics, Malaysia is one of 17 megadiverse countries, with large numbers of endemic species.

So that day I took Lion Air from Cengkareng Jakarta Indonesia to Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. Well I just like Ok, feel nothing. At first, when I chose Singapore, I don't want to go to Malaysia because, yeah you know, we share the same language and food, so what can you expect? But what is the result, oh I love Malaysia. Because it's cheap of course compare to Singapore.

Day 1, I arrived at noon, we gathered at the airport and took the bus to the hotel, the name of the hotel is YYHOTEL88, it was quite a long journey probably more that one hour. So boring, I only saw palm trees here and there. With some funny language in the banner, I have seen. Why it was funny? Even we share the same language, some of the words are different meaningly.

Finally, we arrived at the hotel, quite nice. Last time when I went to Singapore, I have to sleep in the bunkbed share with three other girls. Now I can sleep in a small hotel but nice and clean. The first place we went to City Gallery and Medan Merdeka, well it is like City Hall, and there is a museum.
City gallery is strategically located in the middle of Kuala Lumpur city, the museum tells the story of the city through photos and miniature, it was awesome.

I google it and found this http://www.klia2.info/trips/malaysia/kuala-lumpur-city-gallery:
The Dataran Merdeka enclave houses many historical buildings, structures and icons that date back to more than a century, namely Sultan Abdul Samad Building (1897), Government Office (1896), National Textiles Museum (1905), Former National History Museum (1919), KL City Library (1989), Victorian Fountain (1897), Royal Selangor Club (1889), St Mary's Cathedral (1894), City Theatre (1896), Sessions & Magistrates Court (1910), The High Court Building (1909), and Masjid Jamek (1909).

It was quite nice and also I took a photo there. After that we went to China Town shopping for sure, at first I did not want to buy anything but gosh I remembered my daughter and saw Upin Ipin dolls laugh out the laugh, it is 20 Ringgit each but I bargained for two so it was 30 RM. Yeay so happy, an then I also bought key chain just for my aunt.

The second day, I went to Batu Cave, at first I did not want to take a hundred stairs, but I do not know when I will go there again, so yeah, and you know what I used wedges sandals not shoes but thank God my foot did just fine. It was great because very traditional and religious, there are a lot of India people there.

Next was shopping in Central Market, oh my gosh so cheap. I was strolling around at Pavillion Mall in Bukit Bintang. The last pit was the famous Petronas Tower. I was so tired.

It was so bad the third day, I was directly to the airport because we had morning flight, but Malaysia I will see you again for sure.


Article

Comments