Causative


Causative (abbreviated CAUS) is a form that indicates that a subject causes someone or something else to do or be something, or causes a change in state of a non-volitional event.
All languages have ways to express causation, but differ in the means. Some languages have morphological devices (such as inflection) that change verbs into their causative forms, or adjectives into verbs of becoming. Other languages employ periphrasis, with idiomatic expressions or auxiliary verbs. All languages also have lexical causative forms (such as English riseraise).

Jenis kalimat dimana menggunakan tiga verba : have, make, get

Verba make mengandung makna paksaan
Verba get mengandung makna fakta

1.     I have a hairstylist cut my hair.
I, pronoun diikuti verba pertama have, a hairstylist objek yang memotong rambut saya. *Cut sebagai verba kedua
2.     I had a plumber fix the kitchen sink.
Bentuk pasif nya : I had the kitchen sink fixed by a plumber.
3.     Budi, my foster father gets me to wash the bathrooms.
4.     For that, Congress made government set prisoner free for justice.

Comments